The famous RIOW Race is a unique solo yacht race around the Isle of WIght. Always a keenly contested marathon, the vagaries of the wind and tides add to the already significant challenge of racing solo. This is the race every SORC skipper wants to win!
Where: The race will start and finish off Cowes after a circum-navigation of the Isle of Wight.
- Prizes will be awarded for individual classes and overall
- The overall winner on corrected time under IRC wins "The Anticipation Cup"
- The first IRC boat on elapsed time wins the Watermark Trophy
- There will be a prize for the first Rookie under IRC
- Race Directors Discretionary Prize
Socials: A dinner and prize-giving will be arranged in Cowes, so long as Covid restrictions allow.
Berthing: Arrangements will be communicated soon.
There will be bottle prizes, the Anticipation Cup for the top boat on IRC, and the Watermark Trophy presented for line honours.
SAILING INSTRUCTIONS available here in due course
A Virtual Mark off the Needles will be set to stop any rock hopping or wreck dodging!!!