Poole and Back - Saturday 1st & Sunday 2nd August
Where: Saturday's race will start on the Lisburne Line off Cowes and will finish near the entrance to Poole Harbour. The race will be designed to be between 4 and 6 hours long. Start time 11:00. Sunday's race will start in Poole Bay and finish in the Solent. Expected start time 12:00. It is possible that Sundays race will use our CSB procedure, so read up in the NOR & SI’s. Ask on Saturday evening if you are unsure.
Friday night berthing: For those wanting a berth to be nearer Saturday mornings start, we have notified Shepherds Marina who will make space available BUT you MUST book and pay in advance direct with the Marina.
Contact Shepherds Marina
Saturday night berthing: Berthing is booked at Poole Quay Boat Haven. They are limiting us to a maximum of 20 berths, on a first come first served basis. You must book and pay direct in advance.
There will be a bottle prize giving on the pontoons at 6pm alongside “Roxanne”. 1m social distancing applies. Dinner is booked at La Lupa.
A note from Race Director, Simon Mitchell:
- Race start time now later , see SIs
- Berthing in The Solent has been tricky since marinas have opened, most insisting on pre-payment and generally reducing available visitor spaces. Just turning up hopefully may not work... Shepards have some spaces on Friday 31st for those who wish to get over to Cowes the night before. Each boat will have to call , book and pre-pay this in advance. They are limiting berthing and have saved a number of berths for us. Currently only 2 boats have booked , so if they haven't heard from others by about Tuesday / Wed they will let them go.
- Poole Quay have similarly allocated us berths and need pre booking and payment by individual boats by mid-week or we will lose them.
- When calling marinas to book in , boats should quote that they are with SORC.
- I have managed to book La Lupa in Poole for dinner at 1930 for those wishing to eat there.
Berthing details for Poole Quay Yacht Haven ... Take note
This is just an email to confirm your booking, we will still be able to accommodate 20 boats maximum. At the moment we are currently operating at 50% capacity for safety reasons and therefore will be unable to accept more than the original 20 boats at this stage.
Unfortunately we are unable to have rafting, however participants may be berthed close together which they will have to do at their own risk.
We are currently requesting payment prior to arrival to limit face-to-face contact. Currently the price per metre including Harbour dues is £4.33. As you are a rally booking of more than 10 we can offer the rally discount of £3.97 per metre.
This can be paid at any time prior to arrival and is refundable up until 24 hours beforehand. This can be done over the phone on 01202 649488 or via bank transfer the details are as follows.
A/C Name: Poole Harbour Commissioners
A/C Number: 32796498
Sort Code: 54 30 03
National Westminister Bank Plc, 234 High Steet, Poole, BH15 1BD
Please enter your boat name in the payment reference.
The follow people have entered this race to date.
||Beneteau Oceanis 45
||Jeanneau One Design 35
||Sun Fast 3200
||Oyster Lightwave 395
||Sun Fast 3200
||Dufour 382 GL