SORC skippers have previously attended this superb event, and sailed away with the overall tropy (Simon Mitchell on his Sun Fast 3200 "Roxanne"). It starts in Le Havre on 3rd July and goes to various ports around the Seine Bay and finishes back in Le Havre on 7th July.
The Normandie Solo is not a SORC event and is independent to the SORC Series, but we are happy to support our like minded French friends.
PROVISIONAL Normandie Solo program (Monday 3rd to Saturday 8th July)...
Monday: a short race in le Havre, 20 M approx
Same day, on Monday at 18h00: departure for a night sailing to St Vaast (arrival Tuesday at midday)
Wednesday: St Vaast --> Cherbourg
Thursday: Cherbourg --> Ouistreham
Friday: Ouistreham --> Honfleur
Saturday: Honfleur --> Le Havre
Pictures from previous event
REGISTRATION & MORE EVENT INFO WILL BE POSTED HERE SOON.
- Entry and payment details to be advised but we would like to give the SNPH organising committee an idea of numbers as soon as possible so please pre - register.
- The racing organisation is excellent with daily briefings, windward line starts with a committee boat and observed finishes.
- Racing is competitive and with the mixed fleet and two classes rivalry and friendships develop through the week with everyone learning something new to take home with them.
- Sponsorship from the local ports, suppliers and businesses make this a great value event with berthing and evening meals as well as prizes included in the entry fee.
- The club is manned by volunteers who put a huge effort into this for us.
Racing is under the French OSIRIS / HN system. Certificates are valid for 5 years and cost a fraction of IRC. If you don’t already have a valid HN certificate please contact Simon Mitchell - email@example.com as soon as possible, and he will point you in the right direction.
Please let Simon know when you have registered or if you have any queries he will advise or coordinate information for the SORC delegation.