The famous RIOW Race is a unique solo yacht race around the Isle of WIght. Always a keenly contested marathon, the vagaries of the wind and tides add to the already significant challenge of racing solo. This is the race every SORC skipper wants to win!
Where: The race will start and finish off Cowes after a circum-navigation of the Isle of Wight. Expected start time is 07:30 but to be confirmed.
- Prizes will be awarded for individual classes and overall
- The overall winner on corrected time under IRC wins "The Anticipation Cup"
- The first IRC boat on elapsed time wins the Watermark Trophy
- There will be a prize for the first Rookie under IRC
- Race Directors Discretionary Prize
Friday night social: For those arriving in Cowes on the Friday there will be a social to be announced.
Saturday night social: The RIOW Prize Giving will be followed by dinner. Details to be announced.
Berthing: We will reserve fleet berthing in Cowes on Friday and Saturday nights.
The Entry Fee includes a commemorative item of clothing. There will also be bottle prizes, the Anticipation Cup for the top boat on IRC, and the Watermark Trophy presented for line honours.
GET A 30% DISCOUNT if you block book the whole 8 race Inshore Series
Sailing Instructions will be posted here in due course
The follow people have entered this race to date.
||Sun Fast 3200 R2
||Sun Fast 3200
||Oyster Lightwave 395
||Super Arlequin modifie